1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I enjoy opening wrapped gifts. I also have become pretty good at wrapping so so far all of Brad's gifts from me are wrapped
2. Real tree or Artificial? I am a firm believer in real trees but my husband isn't so we have a fake. I told him that when I am pregnant one day I will get a real tree and he said I would probably have pregnancy brain and forget....cute :0)
3. When do you put up the tree? It has always varied. When I was at home as a child, maybe around the tenth of December and then when I was at college it got later and later. Dad and I went and found a tree one year for $7 since it was so close to Christmas. Those were special times. This year Brad and I put ours up the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? I like to have a birthday tree for my birthday on the 30th so no earlier than the 31st.
5. Do you like eggnog? Have never had it but it sounds gross
6. Favorite gift received as a child? This is hard. My favorite gift was pound Puppy but I got him for my birthday. For Christmas, I got a Cabbage Patch Baby that smelled like baby powder... Alaina Violet was her name
7. Hardest person to buy for? my dad and this year Brad in some ways
8. Easiest person to buy for? my mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail -I did a photo card this year but I have always been the one to send out Christmas cards.....even when we were a family I did it.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know....
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet Family Christmas - they all go to Fozzie's mother's house. The Sesame street gang, the muppets and fraggles are there. It is great.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? before Thanksgiving a little, In the past few years on Black Friday some and then here and there til I am done
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my mom's apple cake
16. Lights on the tree? colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Mary Did You Know
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel locally
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do Brad's parents house on Christmas Eve. Otherwise, we wait til Christmas Day. The last three Christmases when Brad and I were together we waited til Christmas night so this will be the first time we get to open our gifts to each other on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? people without Christmas spirit
23. What theme or color are you using? There are a lot of snowmen in our house.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? my mom's apple cake
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and time with my family