I have not blogged in over two weeks and that makes me really sad! I actually have a lot of really good blog-worthy material to post. Our trip to Savannah, Brad's birthday and carving our first pumpkin together. However, sometimes the mechanics get in the way. Here's how:
1)I am really busy with my Masters. I don't know why I feel so much more overwhelmed as I am starting to wind down the program ( only 9 more hours of classes after this term) but it is that way right now. So that means time is a problem.
2) We don't have an internet active computer at home so in order to do the blog I must take my work computer home or bring my camera and cable to work. Sometimes I am not mentally present enough to do that.
Despite these problems, I will be taking my computer home this weekend to work on Masters work so I will strive to make updates.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Today is Columbus Day and I am at work. A lot of my friends have had a fall break or at least a holiday today. Not Gwinnett County. Our next holiday is Election Day and that will be the first since Labor Day. With calendars like this, we really cherish the opportunities from our relaxing times. This weekend Brad and I went on a date Friday night. We went to the Lawrenceville Town Square and ate Italian. After our meal, we ventured to a new establishment on the square and had frozen custard for dessert. Definitely relaxing! The weekend before that brought time at the lakehouse. This week will be relaxing as I am Masters class free! We are going to see Wicked Tuesday night and leave for Savannah on Thursday. I am looking forward to our mini vacation. Brad and I just need some us time!
Here are some pictures of us at the lakehouse:
Before the boat ride
Thinking about how to get in the boat since the water was so low that morning
Figuring it out
Sailing off with Captain Jack and First Mate Brad
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
35 Random Questions About Me
1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? NO! But my husband loves it.
2. Do you own a gun? Nope, but I have shot a rifle and this past weekend at the lake shot cans with a bebe gun.
3. What’s a favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee house? hot chocolate ( which it is slowly becoming time for) or a strawberry and creme frappucino no whipped cream
4. What do you prefer to drink in the morning ? milk, maybe hot chocolate
5. Do you do push-ups? no, not really
6. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring
7. Favorite hobby? sleeping, walking, shopping, blogging, reading when I have time
8. Do you have A.D.D? Based on the fact that I am doing this survey because I refuse to concentrate on the task at hand....yes!
9. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? physical: my hair has a mind of its own. otherwise: I care what other people think too much ( in limitation, this is a very good thing)
10. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I wish I was done with this paper. I would love to go home. What will I find to buy at Kohl's today while I am paying my bill?
11. Name 4 drinks you regularly drink. water, milk, cranapple drink and more often than anything else, nothing :0(
12. Current worry right now? My professor is going to give me a bad grade on the final I turned in electronically three days before it was due but for some reason she did not receive. I have sent her a picture of my screen where I sent it in and everything and all she has told me so far is that at least she has it now and I needed to press the submit button or it won't send. Considering I have sent seven weeks worth of work successfully using this method, doesn't she think I know that by now?
.13. Current hate right now? Getting up early.
14. Favorite place to be? at home under the covers and ready to relax.
15. Do you like to travel? yes! I wish I could do more!!! I am so psyched about our upcoming trip to Savannah. Even thought it is Savannah, it is still exciting.
16. What color shirt are you wearing? camisole that is white with black yellow and brown flowers on it with a black sweater on top
17. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I did as a child in the summers.....would always have flannel sheets in the fall
18. Can you whistle? no
19. Favorite color? chocolate brown, purple or black
20. If you could would you be a pirate? Nope.
21. What song do you sing in the shower? Now that I am married, I don't sing in the shower.
22. Favorite girl’s name? Lillie, Corinne, Hannah, Faith
23. Favorite boy’s name? Braden, Jackson, Daniel, Cody, Josiah
24. What’s in your pocket right now? nothing
25. Favorite bedsheets as a child? my teddy bear flannel sheets and my pound puppy blanket
26. Worst injury? sprained ankle or pulled groin muscle
27. Do you love where you live? I would like
28. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3
29. Who is your loudest friend? umm Dustin Sosebee hands down!
30. How many pets do you have? zero, my cat died earlier this year
31. Does someone have a crush on you? maybe, I mean who can resist this personality? ;-)
32. What is your Favorite Book? I don't know. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author for adults.
33. What’s your favorite candy? Reese's Pieces
34. Favorite Sports Team? The Georgia Bulldogs
35. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Already?
Friday, October 3, 2008
So happy the weekend is here. Tonight we are finally spending some time with our good friend Andrew. We don't know what we are doing yet but I would kinda like to go to the park on a walk or something outdoors.
Then tomorrow we are headed to a Patterson family reunion. The Pattersons are my paternal grandmother's side of the family. My grandmother just turned 80 at the end of September and is the last of her siblings so it should be a special day to celebrate her. Plus it will be a great chance to see family. We never really had many Griswold family reunions because outside of our family, my Aunt Joyce's family and Uncle William's family, there weren't many Griswolds. Pa's brother drowned when he was in his thirties. While he did have children and my dad has family on that side, we just dont see them very often. So Griswold reunions happen every holiday plus some.
After the family reunion, Brad and I will head down to the lakehouse to meet Linda and Jack for a night at the lake. We were down there this time last year. In fact a year ago Sunday is when Brad proposed to me when we stopped in Athens on our "way " to the lake. So special times and restful times will occur this weekend!
In regards to the hair, I am continuing to look at something to do with mine. This is really more for me than anyone else, but this is a more accurate portrayal of what I want to do (as of right now) than what I posted earlier.