Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer So Far

Summer so far has been going great. I have the freedom to operate on my own schedule and do my own thing. I sleep in some ( the alarm goes off at 8:30 and some days I actually get up then) and I get up some. I get to clean up - my closet has made the annual switch from winter to summer and goodwill be taking in some new items because of it, our laundry piles are noticeably shorter and the kitchen stays cleaner longer. My physical fitness is getting attention with a daily effort to do something for at least thirty minutes - usually the exercise bike, sometimes a walk or some Wii Fit. Our dinner time meals are definitely less prepackaged items since the end of year craziness has subsided. And I have seen family members - the last two weekends my mom, myself and Aunt Brenda have had spend the night parties, bowled and shopped. It has been fun. I also have had some quality time with my Grandma. I had lunch with her last Friday and took her to dr visits this Monday. I even have moments when I don't know what to do with myself - which doesnt happen during the school year too much. But to make things even better, I have so much to look forward to in the next two months:
Remainder of June
- This weekend I am going to spend the night with my Dad for a couple of nights. We should have some really good father/daughter bonding time just in time for Father's Day.
- My nephew Carter is turning two this Friday and his birthday party is Saturday. His personality is evolving so quickly. Each time you see him, he is a little more grown up.
- We are going out to eat with one of my best friends (also my college roomie) and her husband this Friday near Perimeter Mall.
- I am going outlet shopping with another best friend next week.
- We have tickets to a Gwinnett Braves game.
- Eclipse is coming out!
- Brad is working weeks of four ten hour days rather than a five day work week so we should have some fun Fridays coming our way this month and in .....
July
- We are going to Myrtle Beach for a week in July.
- My cousin Nancy is coming home from Arizona til the beginning of August. We will finally get to meet her baby girl Anna ( who will be one at the end of September).
- More fun Fridays with the husband!
So bring on the summer and bring on the fun!

2 comments:

Sarah West said...

Yea for summer!!! It looks like you have lots of fun stuff in the works - I'm glad I'm in your plans! :)

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

That sounds like a great summer! Have fun:)