Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An Early Valentines Day

Last week my Valentines Day started early on Thursday. I had bought Brad a Valentines Card that day and when we sat down to dinner that night, he asked me if he could give me something that he bought me. He told me it wasn't for Valentines Day. I said that he could hold on to it and use it as my Valentine. He insisted on giving it to me and left the kitchen , only to return with six red roses. He had bought them to celebrate our ten months of being married as last Thursday was February 5th. It was very sweet.

Then on Friday night we opted to do our Valentines outing so we would avod the crowd this week and because we are going to go to UGA and see Classic City Jazz perform. We first went downtown to my favorite restaurant in the city, Chow Baby. I LOVE THIS CONCEPT!!! and wish they would bring out to the suburbs. You go through a line and build your own chinese stir fry dish and then they cook it on a huge wok for you and bring it to your table. The best thing is you can go through the line as many times as you want for $11.99. I like to do rice with sugar snap peas, baby corn, mushrooms, bell peppers, water chestnuts and pineapple. Then I add teriyaki and sweet and sour sauce and throw some chicken into my protein bowl. Yummy!

Once dinner was over, we headed back toward our neck of the woods and saw a movie thanks to a Christmas gift card from Daniel and Nan. We saw the new Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr movie New in Town. It was much cuter than I thought.

Overall, we had a very nice Valentines Day. We still will trade cards and small gifts this week but I am pleased with how the first Dillard Valentines Day went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dates are so fun...