Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Have a Nephew!




At 4:49pm yesterday afternoon (one week after his due date), Carter Kenneth Dillard arrived. He is beautiful! He was 8lbs and 8oz and 18.5 inches long. He has a full head of hair, which makes him the envy of his uncle. When Brad held Carter, he stuck his tongue out at Brad several times. He also cried a little bit. But Brad handled it like a pro. When I got my first hold with Carter, he was so content and just made cute cooing sounds and I fell in love.


Naturally while sitting in the waiting room for several hours with all the fellow aunts and both sets of grandparents, Brad and I weathered our share of questions as to when Carter's first cousin would arrive. It sounds like that may happen about the time Carter can expect a sibling. It still is something that I get very excited over talking about and project to happen in about two and a half years to three. Of course, God always has a plan.


I am going back to see Carter today as soon as our generous wedding present from Mom and Dad Dillard gets here. They have bought us a mattress set. Yay!
The picture of Brad with Carter is on its side but by far was the best and I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.


2 comments:

The Rayburns said...

yea! congrats to the new aunt! he looks adorable!

Katie Jones said...

What a precious baby! I love the name Carter.