Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary



One year ago....

We became husband and wife. And today we have had such a fun time celebrating our one year anniversary and it is not even over yet. I woke up to my anniverary card being on the nightstand next to my side of the bed. Brad and I then exchanged presents. I received the Fray CD and the Gavin Degraw CD. I gave Brad a puzzle of Mickey Mouse. Brad really likes to solve puzzles and we don't have any. I chose a Disney one since we spent our Honeymoon at Disney World. On the puzzle box I wrote, " I am not puzzled about why I love you ". I also gave him a pair of black flip flops. On the sole of those I wrote " I do not flip flop over my feelings for you." And the last thing I got him was the DVD of the Quantum of Solace. On that I wrote about how much solace I have received from being with him this past year.


After presents, breakfast and prep, we went back in to the downtown area. In Greenville there are nine mice statues hidden along Main Street so we spent the morning looking for those. We also went to the Children's Garden. We did a lot of walking and people watching. The afternoon in town was completed with another stop at Spill the Beans. Today I got vanilla with cookie dough and brownie while Brad got chocolate with peanut butter and coffee. Tonight we have reservations at Smoke on the Water, an upscale BBQ experience. We also found a Greenville Christmas ornament while we were making our reservations at Smoke on the Water. It has been a very good day.

The Mice on Main ( or two of them)




The Children's Garden

Here's to a great second year of marriage starting tomorrow and a great second half of the trip as we drive off to Gatlinburg and our private cabin.

2 comments:

The Rayburns said...

Happy anniversary! It sounds like y'all are having a great trip!!

Katie Jones said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you two are having a blast on your trip - and I love your wedding dress!