Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Morning

On Christmas morning, we got up early. 7:30 to be exact. I wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time to enjoy our presents, to get ready for Dad's, to cook for Dad's and to get to Dad's. My dad and his wife have moved to their house in Hoschton so it takes a little less than an hour to get there. I was baking homemade Macaroni and Cheese and making a salad with mandarin oranges and raspberries in it. So getting up was a necessity. It turned out to be well worth it though because apparently I was a very good girl! We alternate opening gifts first and then doing our stockings. By the time I was done opening my gifts , I had a printer, a purple Ipod nano with my name engraved on it, the Muppet Show Season One DVD, A Bug's Life on DVD and a pink fleece jacket.


Brad did well on the gifts too. He had opened up two tickets to the UGA vs South Carolina basketball game, a new UGA hat, The Office Clue game, Season 7 of 24 on DVD and Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii by the time he was done.




The stockings didn't disappoint either. I was lucky enough to get a matching necklace and bracelet set, a Swedish Chef Hallmark Christmas tree ornament and Carrie Underwood's new CD. Brad found the book The Shack, a tie to go with dark brown slacks, a bass scales book and GIJoe the movie on DVD in his stocking.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

No comments: