Thursday, May 15, 2008

Friday Minus One


Good morning!
As promised, here is a picture from my horseback riding adventures with my kids this weekend:

Is it the end of the week yet? Not quite I suppose. I am excited to see the fifth grade play today. This is a Norton tradition. Last year, I had my first group of students in it and I was such a "proud mother" as I watched approximately seven of my kids dazzle me from the stage. One of the Griswold alumni was even the Music Man. I do know that one of my girls has been cast as the Wicked Witch of the West.

Last night as Brad and I laid in bed ( and subsequently fell asleep before it was time to), I admitted to him and myself that I am feeling somewhat relieved that I will not be able to take summer classes for my Masters. This year has been such a whirlwind with changing jobs, starting my Masters,getting engaged, planning a wedding, moving out of an apartment, moving into a house etc that it will be nice to slow down. I am excited at the prospect of being able to simply focus on being a wife (and an aunt). I am awaiting eagerly the chance to get out my stand mixer and bake and cook for my husband and to be able to personalize our home. He is so selflessly supporting me through these stressful situations and pushing me to rely on God. It is an amazing opportunity that God has given me to focus on my husband and our relationship together and with Him this summer.

Proverbs 14:30 " A heart at peace gives life to the body...."

Proverbs 12:4 " A wife of noble character is her husband's crown..."

No comments: